Internet Marketing Tips - Keeping Your Pulse On Current Events

Lots of people who I talk to ask me how I get ideas for products. I really have to give a chuckle when I get asked these questions. When I hear them, it makes me think that most people are living in caves, which I know they're not. The truth is, if you would just open up your eyes and look around, there are tons of ideas for products and services just ripe for the taking if you do nothing else but check the daily news. That's right. Current events are so filled with great ideas that all you have to do is read the newspaper. This article is going to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Unless you really have been living in that cave, then you probably heard that just the other day (as of this writing) Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's all-time home run record. Whether you think the man cheated, didn't cheat, deserves the record or doesn't, it is certainly news, and big news. Okay, you're probably thinking, "How can I make money off of this?" After all, you probably didn't catch the home run ball. Well, there are other ways.

How about starting a blog asking people what they think of the record. Put up a poll on the blog. Put up a guestbook for people to post comments. Get as much interest as you can. A topic like Barry Bonds is going to be hot for a long time. So take advantage of it. How? Well, how about joining an affiliate program like Amazon and promote sports books? Seek out online affiliate programs that specialize in sports cards. Maybe you even have Barry Bonds sports cards that you can sell at your site or on Ebay. Certainly there are a number of ways you can take advantage of this situation.

And yes, take advantage is exactly what it is. More explicitly, it's called exploiting. And there is nothing wrong with it. It's how the system works. You look for what people are interested in and then you sell it, plain and simple. And ironically, the things that people are interested in are in the news everyday. You can find them online or on TV or even on your car stereo. I personally listen to WFAN for all my sports news. If I think there is a good story coming up, I'll think of a way to make money on it.

That's what smart businessmen do. As long as you're not hurting anyone or doing anything illegal, there is nothing wrong with taking a current event and capitalizing on it. So the next time you're looking for a marketing idea, turn to current events.

There's more there than you realize.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim